Brazil, the world's largest coffee bean producer, recently announced that it is facing the worst drought in 91 years, affecting local hydropower generation and agricultural chromium oxide keeps going up.
What is Chromium Oxide?
Chromium oxide is an inorganic substance. Chromium oxide chemical formula is Cr2O3. It is a light green to dark green fine hexagonal crystal. It turns brown when it is hot and green when it is cold.
Cr2O3 exists in chromium-rich tremolite skarn, post-quartz and chlorite veins in the form of natural mineral eskolaite. Eskolaite is also a rare component of chondrite.
Chromium Oxide Properties
Cr2O3 has a corundum structure and is composed of hexagonal arrays of oxide anions, in which 2 / 3 of the octahedral holes are occupied by chromium. Similar to corundum, Cr2O3 is a hard and brittle material (Morse hardness 8-8.5).
Chromium oxide dissolves in hot alkali metal bromate solution. Soluble in heated potassium bromate solution, slightly soluble in acids and bases, almost insoluble in water, ethanol, acetone, acids and bases. And irritating. It is extremely stable to light, atmosphere, high temperature and corrosive gases such as sulfur dioxide and hydrogen sulfide. It has a high hiding power.
What is Chromium Oxide Used for?
1. Lead-chrome green is the main coloring pigment in the paint industry, and most of the green paints are prepared with this pigment. In addition, it is also used in paints and plastics. Its application range is very similar to that of lead chrome yellow. Because there is chrome yellow in the composition, pay attention to the toxicity of lead in its application. Lead chrome green contains iron blue and oxidizer lead chromate, so when dust encounters spark, it is possible to self-ignite, so be careful when drying and crushing. After burning, the lead-chrome green completely loses the characteristics of the green pigment and is transformed into a dark brown-yellow substance. In addition, in the production of nitro paint, the rolling process is not directly rolled with lead-chrome green, but adjusted after grinding with lead-chromium green to prevent burning during rolling.
2. It is used in metallurgy, as well as ceramics, chromium oxide refractory, raw materials for pigment industry and organic synthesis catalyst.
3. Used as analytical reagent, catalyst.
4. Used as a colorability, wear resistance and corrosion resistant filler for adhesives and sealants. It can also be used as a colorant for enamel, ceramic, artificial leather and building materials, organic chemical synthesis catalyst, sun-resistant paint and special ink for printing paper money.
5. Used as a colorant for cosmetics, mainly used in eye cosmetics, but not in oral and lip cosmetics, not recommended for facial cosmetics and nail polish.
6. Chromium oxide is one of the main components of silver plating brightening solution, and the newly prepared chromium trioxide is an important raw material for the preparation of chromium fluoride and chromium bromide.
Chromium Oxide Price
The price is influenced by many factors including the supply and demand in the market, industry trends, economic activity, market sentiment, and unexpected events.
If you are looking for the latest Cr2O3 price, you can send us your inquiry for a quote. (email@example.com)
Chromium Oxide Supplier
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted Chromium Oxide manufacturer and Cr2O3 supplier with over 12-year-experience. We ship our goods all over the world.
If you are looking for high-quality Cr2O3 powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Russia and Ukraine clashed again. Wheat and corn futures rose after Russia attacked the grain port in Ukraine.
Russia attacked the grain port in Odessa, Ukraine, with cruise missiles a few days ago. Surprisingly, Russia and Ukraine signed a grain export agreement in Turkey shortly before the attack. This has aroused a lot of heated discussion in the international community, and some people are worried that the outward transportation of black grain will change again. Wheat and corn futures prices rose sharply after a review of the futures market on Monday.
Millions of tons of grain have been blocked in Ukraine since the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. Although a small amount of food has been diverted through roads and railways, major customers in the Middle East and North Africa are still forced to seek food supplies in other countries, pushing up food prices and exacerbating the global food crisis.
The grain export agreement signed by Russia and Ukraine in Turkey recently is regarded as an important step in alleviating the global food crisis. The agreement allows Ukraine to ship goods from three Black Sea ports, one of which is Odessa.
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology is a trusted chemical manufacturer and supplier providing high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials. If you are looking for the chromium oxide, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry.
Brazil, the world's largest coffee bean producer, recently announced that it is facing the worst drought in 91 years, affecting local hydropower generation and agricultural chromium oxide keeps going up. What is Chromium Oxide?Chromium ox…
As the European Union tries to reduce its dependence on Russian energy, the Russian president recently said Russia would try to shift its energy exports to the east, adding that there was no way for European countries to give up Russian gas immediate…
The impermeability of concrete is related to its porosity and pore structure.…